|African Basket - Burundi Raffia Coil Weave Canister - 10 Inches Tall - #69288|
Baskets from Burundi, made by
wrapping grass coils with strips of raffia.
Approximately 7.5" Across x 10" Tall
Handwoven from smooth raffia fibers wrapped around native grasses and reeds, these canisters are and beautiful and useful.
- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- The term "Njulu" refers to the beautiful, exposed grass coils which are sparsely woven with strips of raffia.
- This handmade canister features simple, bold patterns created by wrapping multiple coils at a time instead of weaving over individual coils.
- The lid fits snugly, keeping the contents securely in place.
- These baskets come from a weaving group that teaches and promotes artisan skills to help create opportunities for weavers and their families.