|African Basket - Mossi Harvest Basket - 22 Inches Across - #53122|
Approximately 22" Across x 12.5" Tall
This all-natural storage basket comes from Burkina Faso. Made of reeds, it is lightweight, yet very sturdy enough to hold your heaviest quilt.
- You will receive a basket nearly identical to the basket pictured above.
- The Mossi people from the Sanmatenga Province of central Burkina Faso construct these interesting baskets in black (Penéiga), natural (Péraogo), or striped designs (Pégangué-Yonké).
- These deep baskets are used in ceremonies, primarily weddings, and are also used for collecting cereals during harvest.
- Woven from very strong reeds, these baskets are lightweight but sturdy.
- Use as a rustic display basket, for storage, or even as a recycling bin.