|African Basket - Zimbabwe Chivi Sisal Trivet - 11.5" Across - #53573|
Approximately 11.5" Across x 0.25" Tall
This Chivi mat from Zimbabwe is woven from natural and brown sisal twine. Fiberous and flexible, it makes a good trivet or is very easy to hang on a wall.
- You will receive the exact weaving pictured above.
- This trivet is named for where it is woven, the Chivi district of Zimbabwe.
- The Chivi district is in the South East of Zimbabwe, near the border with Mozambique.
- The primary method of transportation here is walking, or "footing it" as they say in Zimbabwe. It is very arid and you are more likely to see an ox or donkey cart here than any other type of vehicle.
- This weaving is made from hand-spun twine made of sisal, which grows in the area. This is a fiberous, flexible mat good for everyday use.
- This lightweight and charming mat is easy to hang as wall decor.