|African Basket - Rwanda - Reed and Grass Vase Basket - 23.5 Inches Tall - #77734|
Vase baskets woven by Sia Ma in Rwanda.
Approximately 13" Across x 20" Tall
Tutsi weavers used cane, reed fibers and natural black dye to create this large lidded "Peace Basket." The stand is included.
- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- This basket has two walls. The inside is a woven bamboo frame. Outside very fine dyed reeds and natural grasses are woven over the form to create a geometric pattern.
- The bold zig-zag design is very traditional and distinct to Rwanda.
- These "vase" baskets are created by a Rwandan weaver named Sia Ma.
- In Rwanda baskets are a symbol of reconciliation, peace, and hope for the future.