|African Basket - Uganda - Rwenzori Bowl - 8 Inches Across - #95133|
Approximately 8" Across x 1.5" Tall
Featuring colorful geometric designs, these African baskets are popular for decorating walls and featuring on tables and counter tops.
- You will receive the exact basket pictured above.
- These beautiful baskets come from a group of women weaving in Southern Uganda. The Rwenzori mountains in the weavers' area seem a bit out of place in Africa with their snow and glacier covered peaks of close to 17,000 feet.
- Traditionally used for serving food, Rwenzori baskets have a smooth surface and feature bold, geometric designs.
- They are created using tightly woven millet stalks, naturally dyed raffia, and sometimes local grasses.
- The vibrant colors come from natural dyes made from flowers, roots, leaves, and lichens grown by the weavers themselves.